Some random thoughts from the first game of the 2009 Stanley Cup Final Round:
- First, I’d just like to say how sad and disappointed I am that neither of this year’s Stanley Cup finalists is the Ottawa Senators. The league should definitely look into this.
- To all the commentators who predicted the passing of the dynasty torch from Detroit to Pittsburgh a la NY Islanders to the Edmonton Oilers….no
- Where the hell was Crosby? Malkin was just as successful but at least I saw him trying. The only time I noticed Crosby was when he was complaining to the ref.
- Al Strachan does not belong on TV. Please return him to the Toronto Sun where his opinions can do no harm.
- I thought I saw a giant penis between the players benches. I changed the channel to NBC and, sure enough, there was Pierre Mcguire. The NHL has no hope in the States if that’s the best they can do for colour commentating.
- Can’t blame Fleury. If the Penguins decide they want to make a change in net, Ottawa should grab this kid. Did kind of lose his mind near the end there.
- Hopefully Pittsburgh can come back with some belly-fire tomorrow. The first two rounds of the playoffs were so great, I’d hate to see it end with another sweep.